Something on Sunday, 1/14

I know you're all dying to know how my intro to bookbinding class went, and the answer is, it was fun!  And I'm writing a post about it!  I just need to sit down and spend a little more time on it.  This week, the kids went back to school, but I haven't gone back to my job yet, so in theory I have a lot of free time.  This has turned out to be largely theory (I scheduled dentist appointments) but I did get to work quite a bit on my Tardis quilt blocks.  I ran out of blue, bought more blue, and am not sure I won't run out again.  The blocks are quite large, you see.

The ingredients

Getting there...maybe 75% done with blue blocks
Would you like any used books?  Because boy howdy, have I got used books.  I think I've mentioned that I sort books for my library's booksale, and this week was a doozy.  I walked in and met this pile:



My mom and I work on this side of the table.  Other folks do other jobs; everybody has a specialty.  We managed to clear this table and get everything boxed, but I'm reliably informed that it looked just the same again a couple of days later.  It's a bit overwhelming, but just think: people are made happy when they buy super-cheap books, and the money goes to benefit the public library, so that's pretty good.

In other good news, I thought this was a pretty good op-ed in the New York Times the other day: Why 2017 Was the Best Year in Human History.  There's plenty to worry about, but let's make sure to notice that hey, an awful lot of things are getting better.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz